Our Client was a leading global supplier of HVAC equipment for the building industry. On a quest for growth, the organization wanted to evaluate if it could enter the market of installation material.
Type of project
Market Entry Potential Assessment.
- Management wanted to have a clear understanding of the market size for installation material.
- The company needed to understand how potential customers would evaluate this move.
What we did
- Supporting organization to define the key data on market drivers
- Collection of missing data through expert interviews, consolidating internal knowledge on the topic
- Extensive series of qualitative interviews with customers to map:
- Current purchase behaviour
- Competitive Playing Field
- Unmet customer needs
- Validation of findings from qualitative market research with quantitative market research
- Build financial market model in which different sales scenarios could be tested.
- Created common explicit understanding of the installation material market within the organization.
- Market Model allowing the company to size the opportunity and in which different sales scenarios could be simulated.
- Customer assessment of the commercial viability of the client entering the new market.